If you think your company has a culture that elevates safety to a world-class level, then consider applying to be one of America’s Safest Companies.
Since 2002, more than 200 companies have been honored by EHS Today for their occupational safety, health, environmental and risk management efforts by being named one of America’s Safest Companies. Safety is everyone’s business at these companies, from the newest hire to the CEO and the chairman of the board.
To be considered one of America's Safest Companies, organizations must demonstrate:
- Support from leadership and management for EHS efforts
- Employee involvement in the EHS process; innovative solutions to safety challenges
- Injury and illness rates lower than the average for their industries
- Comprehensive training programs
- Evidence that prevention of incidents is the cornerstone of the safety process
- Good communication about the value of safety
- A way to substantiate the benefits of the safety process
Submitted applications must be for the entire company/organization, not just one single location that operates as part of the company.
The application process is open through July 31, 2020. Previous winners must wait five years before reapplying. You can find the application by clicking on the download button below (pdf format).
Winners will be invited to attend the America’s Safest Companies Awards Night Out, held Nov. 11, 2020 at the Safety Leadership Conference in Scottsdale, AZ. Winners also receive two free passes to the 2020 Safety Leadership Conference, November 10-12, 2020, at the DoubleTree Paradise Resort. This event is designed to share best leadership, risk management, compliance and safety practices with EHS professionals hoping to achieve world-class safety at their companies. Speakers include previous America’s Safest Companies winners.
2020 Entries Closed
Questions about the process?
Contact Danielle Blanchette at email@example.com.